What is the best otc allergy eye drops
- It is used to treat glaucoma.
- It is used to lower high eye pressure.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Betoptic-S?
- If you own high blood sugar (diabetes), you will need to watch your blood sugar closely.
- Use care when driving or doing other tasks that call for clear eyesight.
- This medicine may hide the signs of low blood sugar. Talk with the doctor.
- Have your eye pressure and eyesight checked as you own been told by the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you own an eye infection, eye injury, or will be having eye surgery.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Betoptic-S (betaxolol eye drops (suspension)) while you are pregnant.
- Tell every of your health care providers that you take Betoptic-S (betaxolol eye drops (suspension)). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- If you own had a extremely bad allergic reaction, talk with your doctor. You may own a chance of an even worse reaction if you come into contact with what caused your allergy. If you use epinephrine to treat extremely bad allergic reactions, talk with your doctor. Epinephrine may not work as well while you are taking Betoptic-S (betaxolol eye drops (suspension)).
- This medicine may make it harder to tell if you own signs of an overactive thyroid love quick heartbeat. If you own an overactive thyroid and stop taking Betoptic-S (betaxolol eye drops (suspension)) every of a sudden, it may get worse and could be life-threatening. Talk with your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
What are some other side effects of Betoptic-S?
Every drugs may cause side effects.
However, numerous people own no side effects or only own minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical assist if any of these side effects or any other side effects annoy you or do not go away:
- Short-term pain after use.
These are not every of the side effects that may happen. If you own questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
How is this medicine (Betoptic-S) best taken?
Use Betoptic-S (betaxolol eye drops (suspension)) as ordered by your doctor. Read every information given to you. Follow every instructions closely.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Use Betoptic-S (betaxolol eye drops (suspension)) at the same time of day.
- Do not touch the container tip to the eye, lid, or other skin.
- To acquire the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Take out contact lenses before using Betoptic-S (betaxolol eye drops (suspension)). Lenses may be put back in 15 minutes after Betoptic-S (betaxolol eye drops (suspension)) is given. Do not put contacts back in if your eyes are irritated or infected.
- Blot additional solution from the eyelid.
- Shake well before use.
- After use, hold your eyes closed.
Put pressure on the inside corner of the eye. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes. This keeps the drug in your eye.
- Tilt your head back and drop drug into the eye.
- For the eye only.
- If more than 1 drug is being used in the same eye, use the drugs at least 10 minutes apart.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If it is shut to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Use a missed dose as soon as you ponder about it.
- Do not use 2 doses or additional doses.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Betoptic-S?
- If you own any of these health problems: Heart block, shock caused by heart problems, or slow heartbeat.
- If you own an allergy to betaxolol or any other part of Betoptic-S (betaxolol eye drops (suspension)).
- If you own heart failure (weak heart).
- If you are allergic to any drugs love this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, love rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you own any of these health problems: Asthma or other breathing problems love COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
This is not a list of every drugs or health problems that interact with Betoptic-S (betaxolol eye drops (suspension)).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about every of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make certain that it is safe for you to take Betoptic-S (betaxolol eye drops (suspension)) with every of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
Generic Name:Betaxolol Eye Drops (Suspension) (be TAX oh lol)
Brand Name: Betoptic-S
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Final updated on Jun 10, 2019.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about correct away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may own extremely bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical assist correct away if you own any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a extremely bad side effect:
- Muscle weakness.
- Change in eyesight, eye pain, or extremely bad eye irritation.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Shortness of breath, a large weight acquire, or swelling in the arms or legs.
- Slow heartbeat.
- Numbness, pain, tingling, or freezing feeling of the hands or feet.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, love rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Change in color of hands or feet from pale to blue or red.
- Weakness on 1 side of the body, trouble speaking or thinking, change in balance, drooping on one side of the face, or blurred eyesight.
- Any sores or wounds on the fingers or toes.