What is included in dairy allergy
June 13, 2019 – Lady Gaga Drinks
Starbucks struck up a partnership with Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation to create two new dairy-free drinks: Matcha Lemonade and The Violet Drink. The latter is a stir of blackberries, hibiscus, and the Extremely Berry Hibiscus Starbucks Refreshers swirled with creamy coconut milk beverage and ice.
The joint promotion lasts for just this week, but the drinks will stay on the Starbucks menu for the near future.
October 21, 2019 – Halloween Drinks
U.K. customers are being rewarded once again, but this time it’s with a limited edition Phantom Frappuccino topped with ghoulish lime slime. It’s Starbucks first black Frappuccino, but it will only be available for one week, October 26-31.
According to the company, it’s a fruity mix of coconut milk and mango essence that’s vegan-friendly.
September 5, 2019 – Pumpkin Spice Lattes
Starting today, customers at select U.K. locations can order a vegan pumpkin spice latte (PSL).
Final year, Starbucks removed the dairy ingredients from their European pumpkin sauce, so they could offer a dairy-free version of the PSL in the U.K., Netherlands, France, Switzerland, and Austria. They ran out of the sauce by the finish of October, so I would get one while you can this year! U.K. Customers can order the a dairy-free PSL boiling, iced, frappuccino-style, or as a freezing foam macchiato (see our note under on the freezing foam) without whip and with a plant-based milk beverage.
The vegan PSL is not currently available in the U.S., but you can make it year circular with this Starbucks Copycat Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
November 1, 2018 – Holiday Beverages
According to Starbucks, some of their seasonal holiday beverages can easily be enjoyed dairy-free. You can order a Chestnut Praline Latte or Peppermint Mocha with a nondairy milk and no whipped cream. There is no dairy in the syrup / sauce for these beverages. Their Gingerbread Latte was discontinued in 2019, but don’t worry, we own a Copycat Gingerbread Latte Recipe!
Where to Discover Starbucks
They own locations around the globe.
To discover addresses and hours, visit the website below.
Dairy Free Starbucks Eats
On their website (below), Starbucks now includes allergen information for every of their standard food items.
These can change often, but at final check (September 2019) they listed the following items as not containing milk:
Mercato Menu (select locations)
- Chicken & Fig Spread Sandwich
- Honey BBQ Sriracha Chicken Sandwich
Again, see their menu to confirm and for ingredient information.
- Everything Vegan Bagel (Canada; their everything bagel in the US still contains dairy)
- Pumpkin Bread (seasonal)
- Blueberry Bagel (double check in store)
- Plain Bagel (also vegan)
- Sprouted Grain Vegan Bagel (also vegan)
- 8-Grain Roll (also vegan)
- Cinnamon Raisin Bagel (also vegan)
- Blueberry Oat Cake (also vegan – exclusive at their Hawaii stores)
Heads Up: Everything bagels are typically dairy free, but Starbucks bakes their version with cheese.
However, they are reportedly removing the cheese to make it vegan. Some stores might already own the dairy-free and vegan version.
Unsure: The Banana Nut Bread appears dairy-free by ingredients (not vegan, it contains eggs), but online they own a “contains milk” allergen label. It’s possible that it’s in the natural flavor, but it could be an error. Check in store.
RIP: Sadly, the vegan Macadamia Oat Cookie has been pulled from their main menu.
- Avocado Spread (also vegan)
- Strawberry & Toasted Almonds Overnight Grains (also vegan)
- Classic Oatmeal (also vegan)
- Strawberry Overnight Grains (also vegan)
- Hearty Blueberry Oatmeal (also vegan)
- Seasonal Fruit Blend
- Vegan Blueberry Yogurt Parfait (Canada)
RIP: It looks love they discontinued the Seared Steak, Egg & Tomatillo Wrap and the Vegan Superberry Açaí Bowl.
Depending on the location, you might discover vegan Hippeas packs, Rhythm Super Foods Kale Chips, That’s It Bars, This Bar Saves Lives, Helpful bars, and Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut and Almond Butter Cups.
And they own Justin’s Classic Almond Butter and Chocolate Hazelnut Butter single-serve packets for topping their bagels. Starbucks also released 3D Dream Pops made with non-dairy ice cream (pictured above). But they were initially launched in just five Los Angeles area locations. Hopefully the distribution expands!
Starbucks regularly changes their menu, and we do our best to update this post. But please KINDLY comment if you see any changes or updates that need to be made. As always, verify that the ingredients and production are safe for your needs.
Ingredients are subject to change at any time. And there is a lot of milk flying about in Starbucks, which can pose risks for people with a milk allergy.
Make Your Own Coffee Drinks & Baked Goods with Go Dairy Free:
Though non-dairy milks own been around for a while, they’ve recently experienced soaring sales and huge popularity — due, in part, to environmental concerns, dairy issues (from allergies to lactose intolerance), and just general interest in dairy alternatives.
From the variety of base ingredients to the assortment of flavors, there own never been more knock-offs to select from. But if the number of choices has left you udderly confused (see what I did there?), here’s a quick guide to assist you navigate the dairy and non-dairy aisle.
How to Order Dairy Free Starbucks Drinks
We own every the details on the dairy free Starbucks beverages, including boiling, freezing, and pre-packaged.
I own also added their new allergen information, which was sent out via an alert in July 2018. It doesn’t change much in terms of their policies, but was intended for transparency and awareness.
All Starbucks locations now own coconut milk beverage and soymilk on hand for whipping up dairy-free lattes, mochas, and more. Most locations also own non-dairy almond milk available, and as noted above, you can now discover oatmilk at most midwest Starbucks stores. The downside: you still own to pay extrafor this “upgrade”.
But you must use caution with the add-ons.
Syrup might seem love a dairy-free no-brainer, but a few Starbucks flavors contain milk. Not to mention the whipped cream toppers and powdered blenders. I created this guide to dairy-free syrups & sauces which is helpful at numerous coffee houses, but Starbucks uses their own in-house sauces and syrups. The following is a detailed list of their dairy-free drinks, add-ons, and how to order dairy-free Starbucks drinks!
Always relay your dietary needs to the staff, and confirm that your order is dairy free as needed. Ingredients are subject to change at any time.
This is just a helpful guide for informational purposes only. Please kindly comment under if you see any menu changes.
But Are They Allergy-Friendly?
Recently, I’ve heard numerous rumors about Starbucks changing their policies for handling allergens. As it turns out, they haven’t changed their processes, but they are trying to be more transparent.
As before, pitchers should be rinsed and unused pitchers can be requested, but the presence of milk is still abundant at each store. Those with a severe milk allergy should use caution when ordering drinks and food, and might desire to stick to safe pre-packaged and pre-bottled options. Numerous people, including myself, go basic with simple coffee or tea.
Here is their new allergen alert:
Starbucks reviews its practices on an ongoing basis to glance for better ways to work and provide transparency to our customers and partners (employees). Starting July 10 , Starbucks removed dairy labels from steaming and blending pitchers.
Because our beverages are made using shared equipment (steaming wands, blender pitcher, rinsers) the removal of the sticker is more transparent and realistic of how the pitchers are used. As a beverage standard, our baristas use a rinsed pitcher for each handcrafted beverage. If you own questions or concerns, please enquire your barista to remake the drink using a unused pitcher and please remember that this does not guarantee that the beverage will be allergen-free.
Starbucks Dairy-Free Drinks on the Menu
These beverages can be ordered as is, because they’re intended to be dairy-free and vegan!
- Refreshers Pink Drink (made with coconutmilk)
- Almondmilk Honey Flat White (available boiling or iced)*
- Refreshers Dragon Drink (made with coconutmilk)
- Oatmilk Honey Latte with Starbucks Blonde Espresso (available boiling or iced)*
- Coconutmilk Latte (available boiling or iced)
- Almondmilk Honey Flat White with Starbucks Blonde Espresso (available boiling or iced)*
- Refreshers (all fruity varieties)
- Oatmilk Honey Latte (available boiling or iced)*
- Coconutmilk Latte with Starbucks Blonde Espresso (available boiling or iced)
- Refreshers Violet Drink (made with coconutmilk)
- Steamed Apple Juice
* These menu items are not strictly vegan due to the addition of genuine honey.
The Vanilla Bean Coconutmilk Lattes (hot and iced) and Hazelnut Mocha Coconutmilk Macchiato are no longer on the permanent menu, but can still be made on request.
AVOID: Starbucks Sauces, Syrups & Toppings that CONTAIN DAIRY
- Toasted White Chocolate Mocha Sauce
- 125 Ped Cream
- Smoked Butterscotch Sauce
- Cold Foam*
- Frappuccino Chips
- Caramel Drizzle
- Salted Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Cascara Freezing Foam*
- Lemon Spiced Freezing Foam*
- Dark Caramel Sauce
- Vanilla Sweet Cream
- Cinnamon Dolce Topping
- Salted Vanilla Sweet Cream
- Caramel Brulee Sauce
- Pumpkin Spice Sauce
- Pumpkin Cream Freezing Foam
- Whipped Cream
- White Chocolate Mocha Sauce
*Cold Foam – Several baristas own reported that the nondairy milks they use do not foam well, so they don’t recommend it.
If you must attempt dairy-free freezing foam, I’ve heard their soymilk foams the best. But a few baristas own reported they prefer the almondmilk for foam. Check with your local barista. Numerous of the locations own two freezing foam blenders, so some own opted to dedicate one blender to the non-dairy milks. Check to see if your local store is one of them!
Special Order these Dairy-Free Starbucks Drinks
The following drinks can easily be made dairy free and vegan (unless otherwise noted), while still retaining some or every of their specialty flavors. Order them with your dairy-free milk beverage of choice (almond, coconut, soy, or oat) instead of dairy milk, and follow any other noted instructions.
- Salted Caramel Mocha Creme Frappuccino (Hold the Whip & Caramel Sauce)*
- Caffè Vanilla Frappuccino (Hold the Whip)
- Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino (Hold the Whip)
- Caramel Frappuccino (Hold the Whip & Caramel Drizzle)*
- Java Chip Frappuccino (Hold the Whip & Frappuccino Chips)
- Chai Crème Frappuccino (Hold the Whip; Not Vegan, Contains Honey)
- Mocha Frappuccino (Hold the Whip)
- Chestnut Praline Crème Frappuccino (Hold the Whip)
- Chestnut Praline Frappuccino (Hold the Whip)
- Espresso Frappuccino (Hold the Whip)
- Chocolate Cookie Crumble Crème Frappuccino (Hold the Whip & Frappuccino Chips)
- Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino (Hold the Whip & Caramel Sauce)*
- Double Chocolaty Chip Crème Frappuccino (Hold the Whip & Frappuccino Chips)
- Coffee Frappuccino (Hold the Whip)
- Peppermint Mocha Crème Frappuccino (Hold the Whip)
- Caramel Frappuccino (Hold the Whip & Caramel Sauce)*
- Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino (Hold the Whip & Frappuccino Chips)
- Matcha Green Tea Crème Frappuccino (Hold the Whip)
- Strawberry Crème Frappuccino (Hold the Whip)
- Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino (Hold the Whip)
- Royal English Breakfast Tea Latte
- Blonde Caffè Latte
- Peppermint Mocha (Hold the Whip – double check in store)
- Caffè Mocha (Hold the Whip)
- Cinnamon Dolce Crème (Hold the Whip & Cinnamon Dolce Topping)
- Blonde Flat White
- London Fog Tea Latte
- Blonde Peppermint Mocha (Hold the Whip – double check in store)
- Blonde Cocoa Cloud Macchiato (Hold the Caramel Sauce)*
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte (Hold the Whip & Cinnamon Dolce Topping)
- Caffè Misto
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate (Hold the Whip)
- Chestnut Praline Latte (Hold the Whip – double check in store)
- Blonde Vanilla Latte
- Matcha Green Tea Latte
- Blonde Salted Caramel Mocha (Hold the Whip & Caramel Sauce)*
- Hot Chocolate (Hold the Whip)
- Caffè Latte
- Salted Caramel Mocha (Hold the Whip & Caramel Sauce)*
- Flat White
- Espresso Macchiato
- Blonde Chestnut Praline Latte (Hold the Whip – double check in store)
- Skinny Mocha
- Cocoa Cloud Macchiato (Hold the Caramel Sauce; Cloud is Not Vegan, Contains Egg)*
- Reserve Latte
- Salted Caramel Boiling Chocolate (Hold the Whip & Caramel Sauce)*
- Blonde Cappuccino
- Chai Latte (Not Vegan, Contains Honey)
- Steamed Milk
Other Freezing Coffee & Tea Drinks
- Iced Peppermint Mocha (Hold the Whip)
- Blonde Doubleshot On Ice
- Iced London Fog Tea Latte
- Iced Blonde Salted Caramel Mocha (Hold the Whip & Caramel Sauce)*
- Iced Caffè Mocha (Hold the Whip)
- Iced Blonde Caffè Latte
- Iced Coffee with Milk
- Iced Blonde Chestnut Praline Latte (Hold the Whip)
- Doubleshot on Ice Beverage
- Iced Chestnut Praline Latte (Hold the Whip)
- Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte
- Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte
- Iced Chai Latte Tea (Not Vegan, Contains Honey)
- Iced Blonde Peppermint Mocha (Hold the Whip)
- Iced Flat White
- Iced Blonde Cocoa Cloud Macchiato (Hold the Caramel Sauce; Cloud is Not Vegan, Contains Egg)*
- Iced Cocoa Cloud Macchiato (Hold the Caramel Sauce; Cloud is Not Vegan, Contains Egg)*
- Cold Brew Coffee with Milk
- Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte (Hold the Whip & Cinnamon Dolce Topping)
- Nitro Flat White
- Iced Salted Caramel Mocha (Hold the Whip & Caramel Sauce)*
- Iced Caffè Latte
- Reserve Iced Latte
*Caramel Drinks – I’ve listed some of their caramel drinks with a note to hold the caramel sauce.
These specific drinks are made with additional syrups, love toffee nut syrup, so they are still unique even without the caramel sauce. You could also enquire for a drizzle of caramel syrup instead, since it is dairy-free.
**Several years ago, Starbucks reformulated their frappuccino formula to make it suitable for dairy-free and vegan visitors.
Starbucks Dairy-Free Sauces, Syrups & Toppings
- Strawberry Puree Sauce
- Caramel Brulee Topping (but not the sauce)
- Skinny Mocha Sauce
- Cloud Powder (not vegan, contains egg)
- Irish Cream Syrup (double check the “natural flavors” in store)
- Chai Tea Concentrate (not vegan, contains honey)
- Pumpkin Spice Topping
- Chestnut Praline Syrup (double check the “natural flavors” in store)
- Chestnut Praline Topping (double check the “natural flavors” in store)
- Hazelnut Syrup
- Classic Syrup
- Sea Salt Topping
- Crème Frappuccino Syrup
- Refresher Bases (all fruit flavors)
- Cascara Topping
- Peppermint Syrup (double check the “natural flavors” in store)
- Chocolate Cookie Grind Topping
- Coffee Frappuccino Syrup
- Toffee Nut Syrup
- Mocha Sauce
- Matcha Tea Blend
- Cinnamon Dolce Syrup
- Vanilla Syrup
- Holiday Sugar Sparkles With Crispy White Pearls Topping
- Smoked Butterscotch Sugar Topping (but not the sauce)
- Sugar-free Cinnamon Dolce Syrup
- Cocoa Powder Topping
- Dark Chocolate Curls
- Vanilla Bean Powder
- Caramel Sugar Topping
- Caramel Syrup
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte Sauce (UK only)
For pre-packaged options, Evolution Unused juices are available.
Most of the smoothies from this brand now contains milk, but it looks love Starbucks is no longer carrying the smoothies. Either way, stick to their bottled juices (not protein drinks) and verify the ingredients.
They’ve also started selling bottled Frappuccino Chilled Coffee Drinks with Almondmilk in Vanilla and Mocha (you can order these on Amazon). The DoubleShot Coffee Smoothies with Almond Milk in Dark Chocolate and Vanilla Honey are also dairy-free. The bottled almondmilk options are also sold in grocery stores. Please check the packaging before purchasing to ensure that these products are safe for your needs.
Latest News: Starbucks Introduces Oatmilk + Several New Non-Dairy Beverages
January 7, 2020 – Starbucks has finally entered the oatmilk age!
Select menus now include a non-dairy Oatmilk Honey Latte made with shots of Starbucks Blonde Espresso, a dash of honey, steamed oat milk, and a toasted honey topping. This new beverage can be ordered iced or boiling, and will be available at roughly 1,300 locations in some of the chilliest U.S. states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin. Customers at these locations can also order oatmilk in other coffee drinks.
If you aren’t in the midwest, own no fear – Starbucks is adding more non-dairy drinks to their permanent menu throughout the U.S.
and Canada. The Almondmilk Honey Flat White includes Starbucks Blonde Espresso, steamed almond milk, and a dash of honey. It’s typically topped with a dot of foam, but make certain you specify almond milk foam. The Coconutmilk Latte features shots of Starbucks Blonde Espresso, steamed coconut milk, and a Cascara sugar topping. Both of these new options can also be ordered boiling or iced.